Our Policy on Covid-19
Our statement and policies regarding this situation may change day-to-day to ensure the health and safety of our families and staff, as well as to comply with local and provincial governments and our governing board's directives.
One of our top priorities at Cole Funeral Services, Pinecrest Remembrance, and Highland Park Cemetery is the health and safety of our families and staff as we continue to take the lead from the Public Health Agency of Canada, Ottawa Public Health, and the World Health Organization. We are still providing onsite services but have instituted a series of policies as outlined below.
What We're Doing:
We are still operating as a business and encourage our families to reach out to us to make the necessary funeral arrangements. However, as to minimize direct contact with members of the public, our families and our staff, we are no longer booking or scheduling any visitations, funeral services or receptions at our facility. This will remain in effect until our governing health organizations deem it safe to have gatherings of people once more. We will work with our families to schedule services for a date in the future. Again, the health and safety of our families, members of the public and our staff is one of our top priorities.
When thinking about visiting our cemeteries:
As with all the public parks and places of gathering now closed, we are asking families follow the guidelines from the Prime Minister, our Premier and our Mayor to stay at home and only go out for essential business needs, groceries and prescriptions. Casual cemetery visits are not considered essential.
- We have modified our hours of operations to strictly by appointment only.
- We are strongly encouraging any cemetery arrangements for burials of caskets and urns be made by electronic means. We have the ability to facilitate this.
- Our mausoleums will be closed to casual public visits.
- We are limiting the number of people that can be present for a funeral arrangement conference to two (2) people.
- We will still be proceeding with cremations, burials of caskets and burials for urns. For burials of caskets and urns, we allow only ten (10) people to attend including clergy.
- Chapel services are resuming with the restriction that only ten (10) people including clergy can attend. Service times are scheduled at certain time slots and are based on availability.
- We will no longer be providing graveside tent services until further notice.
- We will no longer be providing pallbearer services.
- We will no longer be accepting caskets for vault storage.
- We will minimize any delay in casket burials. This means that we must continue with a casket burial as soon as possible in a timely manner.
- In an effort to minimize direct contact, we will no longer be offering refreshments or have self serve refreshment stations available.
- In an effort to minimize direct contact, we ask that you consider avoiding shaking hands or physical contact with the members of the family you are here to visit.
- We request that guests who are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms including fever, cough and shortness of breath or have been in contact with or have recently traveled to any of the affected countries refrain from visiting our facilities at this time.
- We use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean our facilities after each service with particular attention paid to high touch items.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting public areas every morning and evening.
- Proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. Our teams are reminded multiple times a day that cleanliness starts with this simple act.
- Additional hand sanitizer has been placed at entrances.
- Employees who exhibit cold or flu-like symptoms have been instructed to stay home from work.
We understand that during trying times, our lives can be especially difficult.
We are here to help at a moment's notice and appreciate your understanding as we help foster a healthy community. Should you have any questions, please contact us.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. - Helen Keller